Flax has been grown for centuries and has been sung about for its widespread use all over the world. The Food Folks’ flax seeds are one of the best plant-based omega-3 fatty acid sources,combining an unrivalled dose of gut-strengthening fibre with a heart-healthy fat blend. Flax seeds contain lignans, a type of plant chemical that may play a role in effectively lowering bad LDL cholesterol.
- Flax is a fibrous, small seed. Flaxseed fibre has been shown to improve digestive health, lower cholesterol, and even reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Flax produces lignans, which are heart-healthy and can help control cholesterol.
- Flax seeds contain the highest concentration of plant-based Omega 3s, which are anti-inflammatory and beneficial to the brain.
- Flax seeds are high in magnesium, which aids in bone health, mood, and sleep
- The soluble fibre in flax seeds reduces food absorption in your colon, making you feel fuller for longer and helping in weight loss.
Ways to use them in your daily routine
- Blending flax into smoothies is a convenient way to boost your daily dose.
- Sprinkle a generous serving of ground flaxseed over your salads for added flavour, crunch and of course, nutrition.
No posts found